Working from home suits many start ups and single person businesses. Why take the overhead of an office? Especially if you’re out visiting clients and customers all the time? Working from home is awesome, especially if it means you can balance work with seeing family, doing the school run and generally having flexibility in your life. There may well be a time in your business to move for a serviced office or conventionally leased office space, but in the mean time make the most of your low overheads, flexibility and freedom of working from home whilst you’re building your business.
Typically, the downside has been that your business will always ‘look small’ which can sometimes put off prospective customers. No matter how good the proposition is, if it’s obvious that the business is ‘just you’ then concerns will always be raised on continuity of service in emergencies, or holidays etc. Some just feel much more comfortable dealing with businesses which have a physical presence and back up. In addition, if a client has a relationship with your voicemail instead of a human being, there’s a negative perception straight away.
With the age of the modern digital era, it’s now much easier for to work from home and still enjoy the benefits of services typically associated with a larger office set up and you can have these services as part of your business for very little cost, providing back up to your busy schedule.
Here are just a few of the services which people typically take on when they work from home:
- Virtual Office – Who wants to put their home address on their website? It looks unprofessional and there are associated safety risks. A virtual office enables you to have a professional business address to register your Ltd business, receive mail, use the address on all of your marketing literature and most good quality providers (like us!) will have meeting rooms on site to hire on demand.
- Virtual PA – Missing calls is an expensive business to any small company. Who knows when that call was ‘the’ call with the big order. A virtual PA service enables you to overflow your calls to a team of people who will answer the phone as your business name, take messages and pass them on to you via email to call back. More advanced services such as ours will also come with telecoms infrastructure such as landline numbers, the ability to have time of day settings and voicemail to email.
- Meeting Room Hire – As mentioned above, one great option when you have a virtual office is that you can still meet your clients on site. A good virtual office provide will already be a functioning serviced office provider which offices and meeting rooms on site. Meeting your clients at your business address is perfect for continuity and at our locations, your clients will always be greeted by our receptionist, offered refreshments and shown to your meeting room.
- Admin services – If you have ad hoc tasks which need completing then is your time best spent on this or bringing in new business? Yep, you guessed it! You could be the most expensive admin person ever to grace a small business. For fair hourly rates, you’ll be able to outsource your admin tasks which enables you to get on with building your empire.
- Ability to grow – because of the above service provision, if the time comes where a physical office is the right thing for you then it’s really easy to transition into a new office providing the above provision is all under one roof. There are separate companies out there who will provide each of those services, but if you can, it’s wise to keep it all under one roof for ultimate business continuity.
We hope that this has been useful to you and if you’d like to know more, please feel free to drop us a line!